Sunday, August 14, 2011

3

The water everywhere was just crystal clear.  This is the mountain spring water that costs lots of money in bottles.

Here I could just dip my water bottle any time I wanted some.  A great device called the Steripen sterilizes the water with ultraviolet light in just 2 minutes.  The water was always ice cold and delicious.

People come here for the atmosphere, but the food is excellent, too.

Here is my tent.  Note the mountain goat in the background, center.  I actually took the rainfly off at night so I could see the vast array of stars above me as I went to sleep.

This mountain goat and kid wandered around the campsite for about half an hour one night while I was cooking dinner.  They paid no attention to me or my food.


Bears, however, would be very interested in my food.  Like all campers in the area, I had to hang my food in a tree to keep it out of reach.

Bathrooms are clean and airy, and have great views.

1 comment:

  1. So....you open the top of the box....you hide behind the box.....:D Meliss

    ReplyDelete